The We Love Hummingbirds Private Facebook community is a place to come together to share Hummingbird-related pictures, videos, information, insights, tips, questions, answers and most importantly support for other Hummingbird Lovers!
This is an amazing, and large, Facebook group.
We are driven to maintain the supportive environment that we have created which is why these rules are so important.
And we stick to them.
Key people for this Group:
Mark Mathis (Founder, WeLoveHummingbirds.com and creator of this group).
Leanne Anderson (Customer Support, We Love Hummingbirds )
By being a part of this community you are agreeing to these rules listed below.
1. NO SELF PROMO
No self-promotion is allowed, except for in our Thursday Throwdown thread, or where otherwise explicitly stated.
Be sure to check out each other’s work in the Thursday Throwdown thread and support one another.
Definition of self-promotion:
– selling anything – that means products, services, courses, events and programs
– promoting your webinar or event
– posting a link to your OWN website
– posting affiliate links…ever – that’s just wrong
– posting your own content in the group and not in a specific (and relevant) thread. This includes posting links to surveys or creating surveys in the group, posting photos with your social handles, URLs or business name on them AND posting “free” offers
– posting full blog post content, or a post that is a length of a blog post, even without a link. Come on, now. If we have to scroll, scroll, scroll to read your post- please put that on your blog, not in the group.
You can however, post your link to your website, group, FB page, webinar, survey, offer and social profiles in the Thursday Throwdown thread.
But that’s the only time :)
We may break our own rule and promote something if we feel as though it is of service to the group. We reserve that right as it is our group and community.
** Matchmaking Monday thread** This thread is the ONLY place to search for people to work with or hire within the Group. If you are looking to hire someone to work with you, you post it in that thread. Standalone request posts will be deleted outside of the thread.
2. NO POSTING OF VIDEOS
No creating videos, posting videos of yourself or streaming LIVE into the Group.
Even if you think that your post is ‘intro’ in nature or giving ‘value’, our team members have to watch each one and that’s not the best use of their time.
Do a creative intro with written words. We like reading
If you find a video from someone else that’s awesome, great! Create a post and share it.
3. NO SOLICITATION OR REQUESTS TO PM YOU
Do not post in the group and ask people to PM you to find out more about what you offer, how you can help or to work with you.
Your comments (and YOU) will be removed.
4. DON’T BE A MEAN PERSON
Don’t be a turd.
No second chances.
That means respecting people’s feelings, privacy and rights to their work.
If you’re rude or disrespectful or spammy…we’ll have to ban you, mmmmk?
5. NO RANTS
If you start your post with the words, ‘this is a rant’, don’t post it.
Rant on your own page, not this group.
6. BE HELPFUL
Provide genuine and helpful feedback and suggestions to others.
Be the kind of supportive friend that you want and need on your entrepreneurial journey.
Remember: We are all here to help each other…so give more than you take, please.
7. DON’T PM ADMINS
If you have a question about why your post was deleted, if your post is ok or any other question related to this Group, email us at email@example.com.
We ask that you respect the time of our Admins and owners and not DM them through FB.
We will reply to your email in a timely manner during business hours of Monday – Friday, 8-5 EST.
If you don’t agree with ALL of these rules, kindly remove yourself from the group.
Other than that, let’s have some fun!
**Note: These rules are subject to change without notice. It’s on you to keep up.
HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS GROUP
1. Don’t come in with a motive.
Instead, show up with the intention to connect, serve and help, not to sell.
2. When creating a post, make it fun, original and helpful.
If it’s the same old long post with veiled sales content and a picture of you we see right through it.
3. Don’t share the same content across 10 different Facebook groups.
Many people belong to those same groups and see your same posts repeated and that says more about you and your business than you realize.
Besides, this group deserves better than that.
4. Show up daily for a set amount of time and then get back to business.
5. If you show up just to post your content and not help out your fellow community members, they notice.
It’s a big group and while it may seem like people don’t notice your presence and how you show up, they do.
6. Share your thoughts and experiences because they are valuable to others.
The more insights and guidance, the better!
Phew! That was a long one!
I’m impressed you’re still with me all the way down here
Now let’s connect and have some fun, shall we?